82 real estate transactions took place in the Crested Butte/ Gunnison area in August of 2020, compared to 59 the previous year. Year to date, 2020 dollar volume is nearly equal to that of 2019, despite the near-complete shutdown during the Covid stay-at-home orders this past spring. On top of all the recent sales, we are seeing a lack of inventory and a high number of properties under contract, so expect September sales to be on the high side as well. We are also starting to see some property types that have had slow sales (for instance vacant land and the Grand Lodge) start to pick up again. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 8/31/2018 through 8/31/2019 versus the same period from 2019 to 2020). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please Contact Me.
- Crested Butte South: CB South provides an excellent example of how tight the real estate market is right now. Not only are there only 20 listings, 14 of them are under contract.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): In this area, nearly a third of the homes and condos for sale are under contract. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): As above.
- Crested Butte: The median sales price in downtown Crested Butte is now at $1.235M.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. 39 of the 83 listings are currently under contract.
- Gunnison: 31 of the 50 listings in this area are currently under contract.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. Along with downtown Gunnison, the area surrounding Gunnison has been extremely active.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): While land sales continue to be slower than home sales, they are picking up- likely because buyers have been unable to find what they’re looking for and switch to vacant land.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Crested Butte/Gunnison area.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, August 2020
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, August 2020:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.