February 2017 saw real estate sales in the Crested Butte area on par with the past several Februaries. That said, many properties price points have become quite competitive and are moving quickly. In particular, lower priced condos in Mount Crested Butte (under $350,000 or so) aren’t lasting long. Buyers in this price range should be ready to make an offer quickly if they like a property. Land sales are very slow right now thanks to the deep snowpack covering up vacant land in 6 feet or more of snow. But the ski area has been great! If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 2/28/2015 through 2/28/2016 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Right now, it’s a tough time to be a home buyer in CB South, but a great time to sell. There are only 10 properties listed, and 2 of those are under contract. Normally, there would be at least 20 or 25 properties for sale.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Mount Crested Butte has been a very active segment of the market over the past year, and some of the best values in single family homes can be found here. For condos, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): The lower priced condos are being picked up very quickly right now near the ski area. Properties under contract are 50% higher than just one month ago.
- Crested Butte: Prices continue to rise in Crested Butte, but buyers have limited choices.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. This area had remarkably similar sales figures compared to the previous year.
- Gunnison: The Gunnison real estate market has been very steady year over year.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Prices are up while the number of sales have fallen slightly. The heavy snowfall we’ve received this winter has made viewing land parcels difficult.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, February 2017
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, February 2017:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.