52 properties sold last month, totaling $53.8M. Dollar wise, that slightly exceeds the $53.5M from June last year (although with 61 sales). Perhaps the best description for the market remains “unsettled”. Some properties are receiving multiple offers shortly after being listed, while there are others that I consider a pretty good deal that have been sitting on the market. Inventory remains very limited, but there was a slight uptick in the Crested Butte area- which is typical for this time of year. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 6/30/2021 through 6/30/2022 versus the same period from 2022 to 2023). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please Contact Me.
- Crested Butte South: Available inventory increased in this neighborhood- there are more choices than there have been in a while.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Total listings increased to 94 properties from 69 just a month earlier. But of course that’s typical for early summer in Crested Butte. A home recently went under contract with an $11.5M list price. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): As mentioned above, inventory rose.
- Crested Butte: Only 2 homes are under contract in downtown Crested Butte, an area which has been sluggish recently due to prices and perhaps short term rental considerations.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. This area also saw a nice uptick in inventory.
- Gunnison: 9 of the 28 properties listed in Gunnison are under contract.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. 14 of the 45 listings are under contract in this area.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): 42 of the 154 listings are under contract, most of them at the newest land offerings in the Prospect subdivision in Mt Crested Butte.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Crested Butte/Gunnison area.
Vacant land inventory is rising faster than it is in the residential sector.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, June 2023:
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, June 2023:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.