Real estate sales in June 2020 saw a strong rebound from May, with 45 transactions. While that trails the 56 transactions from last year, it still indicates a sharp recovery from the springtime slowdown caused by the Corona Virus. With nearly 100 properties under contract currently, July should also post strong sales numbers. In fact, the local market is so busy currently, it’s difficult to get an appraisal in less than 5 weeks, and inspections are also difficult to schedule on a short time frame. With low interest rates, low inventory, and continued interest from buyers, at this time I’m still expecting prices to stay steady in the area. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 6/30/2018 through 6/30/2019 versus the same period from 2019 to 2020). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please Contact Me.
- Crested Butte South: Inventory rose, but so did the number of properties under contract. Looking to sell? This is a great time to do so in CB South.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Much like CB South, inventory and pending sales rose correspondingly. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Lower-priced condos remain in short supply near the ski area, and good values have been moving quickly.
- Crested Butte: Downtown has been quite active, with several high priced properties either selling or going under contract. Several vacant land parcels are under contract as well, including one listed at $2.35M.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. This area continues to have the highest median sold price in the area.
- Gunnison: 22 of Gunnison’s 49 listings are currently under contract.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. Along with downtown Gunnison, the surrounding area has been extremely active.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Land sales remain slow, but as noted above, there has been some increased activity in downtown Crested Butte.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Crested Butte/Gunnison area.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, June 2020
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, June 2020:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.