Summer is in full swing here in Crested Butte, and as I look out my office right now, I see a steady stream of people enjoying Elk Avenue. We have had spectacular weather for days on end, though with fires throughout Colorado, we can certainly use some rain. 64 properties changed hands in the Crested Butte and Gunnison area in June- down from 75 in June of 2017. The lack of inventory remains the main impediment to sales, especially at the lower price points. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 6/30/2016 through 6/30/2017 versus the same period from 2017 to 2018). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: CB South remains a popular area, and the good news here is that the number of listings is up since last month.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Don’t let the days on market shown below fool you- the change is attributable to the Timbers condos, which stayed on the market for a long time during construction, thus skewing the older DOM. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Condos under contract near the ski area are up substantially compared to last month- perhaps the Vail news is having an effect?
- Crested Butte: Downtown Crested Butte remains remarkably consistent year over year.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. Listings are up, and interestingly, the number of homes under contract is down.
- Gunnison: This area would still benefit from more listings, many of which go under contract quickly.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. Like other neighborhoods in this report, prices are rising in the areas surrounding Gunnison.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Land sales continue to be one of the most popular segments of the local real estate scene.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country. Sales volume is up heavily if you look at our entire area.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, June 2018
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, June 2018:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.