June was a record month in Crested Butte real estate, with a total of 73 transactions taking place from Gunnison through Crested Butte. Keep in mind that many of these properties would have originally gone under contract in the “off-season” of April and May. Yes, it’s been busy! Builders certainly seem to have their hands full as well- it seems like everywhere you look, someone is building. Hopefully this trend continues, because we could certainly use more properties to sell. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 6/30/2016 through 6/30/2017 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Asking prices in this area have increased markedly over the past year, yet sales have seemingly slowed while buyers adjust to the new prices.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Active listings and properties under contract both increased in this area compared to last month. For condos, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Condos in Mount Crested Butte continue to move quickly, despite rising prices and falling inventory. If you see something you like, be prepared to make an offer quickly. For sellers, the market is better than it’s been in years.
- Crested Butte: Properties in town have been moving at a consistent pace, and there was a slight increase in the number of properties on the market compared to a month ago.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. Inventory in this area also increased slightly compared to last month.
- Gunnison: Buyers still need to move quickly in Gunnison at the lower price ranges,
while more expensive homes are moving more slowly.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. This area could benefit from more homes for sale.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): With vacant land going for as little as the low $50’s in CB South, buying and building makes sense for many buyers right now.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, June 2017
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, June 2017:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.