The first month of 2021 continued the trends of late 2020, with 66 sales and a dollar volume of $51.8M, compared to 27/11.9M last year. That included some significant sales, such as the Almont Resort, Forest Queen building, and the potential hotel development on 6th street. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 1/31/2019 through 1/31/20 versus the same period from 2020 to 2021). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please Contact Me.
- Crested Butte South: There are only 3 residential properties listed for sale right now, and all of them are under contract- the same situation as it was a month ago. If you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to sell your home in Crested Butte South, this is it.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Pending contracts in Mount Crested Butte nearly doubled compared to one month ago. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Condos near the ski area, even in the higher price ranges, remain a rare commodity.
- Crested Butte: Downtown Crested Butte continues to lead the way, with a median sales price of $1.3M. Of 21 listings, 11 are under contract. A development property on 6th street, potentially a hotel, sold last month.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. Year over year sales went from 40 to 98.
- Gunnison: Half of the listings are under contract, leaving only 7 available.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. Along with downtown Gunnison, the area surrounding Gunnison has been extremely active. As prices in Crested Butte continue to rise, I expect to see this trend continue, especially north of Gunnison. Inventory fell once again in rural Gunnison.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Vacant land sales in Crested Butte continue to gain momentum due to the lack of residential inventory. Year over year sales went from 84 to 152.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Crested Butte/Gunnison area.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, January 2021
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, January 2021:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.