The Gunnison/ Crested Butte area saw 37 real estate sales last month, roughly half as many as last year. This is the start of the slowest time of the year in local real estate, so I don’t expect to see sales numbers increase until spring. There are actually fewer listings today than there were last year, so I’m still not expecting any significant changes in pricing for the most part, with one exception noted below. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 11/30/2020 through 11/30/2021 versus the same period from 2021 to 2022). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please Contact Me.
- Crested Butte South: There are only 8 active listings currently, and the median sales price is now just under $1,000,000.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Listings increased slightly compared to last month, but it’s still exceptionally low for this area that normally has lots to choose from. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Looking at the graphs below, you may notice that the median condo price actually fell, year over year. Which is true, but only because we’ve been seeing so many more sales at the inexpensive Grand Lodge building in the past year.
- Crested Butte: This month’s interesting tidbit- no homes in downtown Crested Butte are currently under contract.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. Over a third of the listings in the areas surrounding Crested Butte are under contract.
- Gunnison: Downtown Gunnison is one area where inventory increased- largely due to a number of deed-restricted homes in the Lazy K subdivision. These are a great deal for locals, let me know if you need more information.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Land sales are slower than they’ve been, but there are a large number currently under contract due to the newest land offerings in the Prospect subdivision in Mt Crested Butte.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Crested Butte/Gunnison area. Inventory is increasing for vacant land, and sales have slowed considerably since last year.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, November 2022
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, November 2022:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.