92 real estate transactions, totaling $77.4M, took place last month. Compare that to 46 sales/ $29.5M in the Crested Butte/Gunnison area last year. The local real estate market continues to be extraordinarily active as 2020 winds down, despite a low inventory problem that continues to grow. Interest rates continue to set new record lows, which is great news for buyers, and the limit for Jumbo loans just increased as well. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 11/30/2018 through 11/30/2019 versus the same period from 2019 to 2020). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please Contact Me.
- Crested Butte South: While there are 6 properties listed for sale in CB South, all of them are under contract, leaving zero effectively for sale. If you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to sell your home in Crested Butte South, this is it.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Residential inventory in Mount Crested Butte dropped further. For condos only, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): We still aren’t seeing a lot of Grand Lodge units sell, but nearly everything else in Mount Crested butte is selling quickly.
- Crested Butte: Downtown Crested Butte continues to lead the way, with a median sales price of nearly $1.3M. Inventory continues to shrink.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, Meridian Lake and Trapper’s Crossing. The big news here is the recent listing of 12 homesites in “Aspen Ridge” at Skyland, where the old “Upper Upper” trail used to be.
- Gunnison: 18 of the 24 active listings in the city of Gunnison are under contract.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. Along with downtown Gunnison, the area surrounding Gunnison has been extremely active. As prices in Crested Butte continue to rise, I expect to see this trend continue, especially north of Gunnison.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Vacant land sales in Crested Butte continue to gain momentum due to the lack of residential inventory. Contractors will undoubtedly be busy for a while.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Crested Butte/Gunnison area.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, November 2020
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, November 2020:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.