The following graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago. As you can see, the Crested Butte and Gunnison areas are experiencing a nice recovery. One area which has been particularly active is condo/ townhome sales under $300,000 in Mount Crested Butte, with 11 of the 79 listings currently under contract. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Sales in Crested Butte South are up 30% compared to last year. Average sales price is also up 15%.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Residential Sales in Mount Crested Butte are up 12%, with the average sales price up 22% for the year.
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Condominium and townhome sales near the base of the ski area are doing better, up 14%. Additionally, inventory levels are decreasing, and the average price is up 12%
- Crested Butte: Sales in the town of Crested Butte are relatively flat, however prices are up 46%.
- Gunnison: The recovery in Gunnison continues, with the number of units sold up 50%, and the average price up 37%
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between. 392 properties sold in the past year, up 17%, while the average sales price is up 25%
- Land Sales (North end of the valley): With so many properties selling below replacement cost, land sales have been slow to pick up. Recently, however, land sales have increased 13% and the average price is up 20%.
- Land Sales (Total): Flat sales levels with a 25% increase in average sales price.
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.