77 properties changed hands in Gunnison and Crested Butte last month. That equals 2015’s level and is more than 2009 and 2010 combined. Median sales prices are up in most locations throughout the Gunnison valley. The lower price ranges continue to suffer from a lack of inventory. In Crested Butte South, for instance, sales are down year over year by 62%, while the median sales price is up 52%. Some buyers are starting to get pushed out of the market. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 9/30/2014 through 8/30/2015 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: See comments above regarding this area.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Condo sales have fueled Mount Crested Butte, but even single family homes in this area are seeing strong increases in sales price.
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): The success of the new Timbers development shows how strong the interest for entry-level properties in this area is right now.
- Crested Butte: Steady would be the best way to describe the town of Crested Butte right now.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. Like Crested Butte, this area is remarkably similar to last year.
- Gunnison: The big gains made in the Gunnison market at this time last year seem to be holding up, with properties still selling quite quickly.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Land sales have slowed down slightly, which is somewhat surprising given the rising prices of homes in the area. The median sales price in this category is up 60%, though much of that is attributable to a few larger sales.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, September 2016
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, September 2016:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.