June 16, 2017
June 2017 Crested Butte Market Report
60 properties changed hands in the Gunnison and Crested Butte area in May, which is the highest number since 2007. Low inventory continues to be a problem in many areas, although slight gains were made in Crested Butte South, the Rural Gunnison area, and Crested Butte area land listings. Town is already starting to get busy again, and the upcoming 4th of July holiday is expected to be up 14% over last year. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 5/31/2015 through 5/31/2016 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Low housing inventory continues to drive prices in this area upward, though there was a small increase in inventory compared to last month.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): While the condo market has been busy lately, homes in this area have remained on the market for a surprisingly long period of time. Many of the area’s best deal can be found here. For condos, see below:
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Condos in Mount Crested Butte continue to move quickly, despite rising prices and falling inventory. If you see something you like, be prepared to make an offer quickly. For sellers, the market is better than it’s been in years.
- Crested Butte: Properties in town have been moving at a consistent pace.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. This area remains consistent, with a slightly better supply of homes.
- Gunnison: Buyers still need to move quickly in Gunnison at the lower price ranges,
while more expensive homes are moving more slowly.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks. This area could also benifit from more homes for sale.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): With vacant land going for as little as the low $50’s in CB South, buying and building makes sense for many buyers right now- And now that the snow has melted, we have seen a recent uptick in activity.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, May 2017
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, May 2017: