January 2, 2014
Crested Butte Market Report, December Year-End 2013
2013 was a strong rebound year for Crested Butte and Gunnison real estate. Scroll to the bottom if you would like to see the graphs. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, days on market, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Total residential sales in Crested Butte South are up 38% compared to last year, with a nice bump at the end of 2013. Average sales price is up 6.1%
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Sales in Mount Crested Butte are up 19.8%, with the average sales price up 8.7% for the year.
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): 2013 saw a 20.8% increase in condo/townhome sales near the ski area. With 93 sales this year, inventory levels are getting back to normal, and the average price is up 3.1%
- Crested Butte: Sales in the town of Crested Butte are up slightly, 8.8%. Prices are up substantially- 32.2% compared to 2012.
- Gunnison: Gunnison had a great year, with the number of properties sold up 41.1%, and the average price up 35.8%
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between. 402 units sold in 2013, up 20.7%, while the average sales price is up 20.5%
- Land Sales (North end of the valley): With many properties selling below replacement cost, land sales have been lagging the strong residential recovery, with prices from Crested Butte South through Mount Crested Butte only up 4.1%. 69 parcels sold in 2013, up 19% compared to 2012. This is a great time to purchase land in Crested Butte, with an eye towards building in the future.
- Land Sales (Total): 132 properties (up 2.3%) sold, with prices up 12.1% for the year.