2016 closed with a rise in dollar volume of 18.9% over 2015. 279 properties changed hands in Crested Butte in 2016, versus 239 in 2015. The month of December closed out the year strongly, with 48 sales, more than we’ve seen in the past several years. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 12/31/2014 through 12/31/2015 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Right now, it’s a tough time to be a home buyer in CB South, but a great time to sell. There are only 9 properties listed, and 3 of those are under contract. Normally, there would be at least 20 or 25 properties for sale.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): 2016 was a great year for Mount Crested Butte real estate- with over 50% more sales versus 2015.
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Condo sales in Mount Crested Butte were the primary reason that the local real estate market is up in 2016.
- Crested Butte: Sales in Crested Butte were flat, but at a higher sales price.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. Like Crested Butte, this area had remarkably similar sales figures compared to the previous year.
- Gunnison: The Gunnison real estate market was incredibly similar in 2015 compared to 2016.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Prices are up while the number of sales have fallen.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, December 2016
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, December 2016:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.