February 9, 2017
February 2017 Crested Butte Market Report
2017 is off to a great start in the Crested Butte and Gunnison real estate market. 43 properties changed hands in the area- a big jump from 29 last year and the most in at least 10 years. Limited inventory continues to be a struggle in certain price ranges, though sellers are of course enjoying the subsequent rise in prices. Heavy snowfall this season should be a boon for Crested Butte Mountain Resort, though the snow does present some challenges when showing property. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 1/31/2015 through 1/31/2016 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: Right now, it’s a tough time to be a home buyer in CB South, but a great time to sell. There are only 9 properties listed, and 3 of those are under contract. Normally, there would be at least 20 or 25 properties for sale.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): Mount Crested Butte has been a very active segment of the market over the past year, and some of the best values in single family homes can be found here.
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): Other than the Grand Lodge, the lower end of the market needs more inventory.
- Crested Butte: Sales in Crested Butte have been fairly flat, but sales prices are increasing.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. This area had remarkably similar sales figures compared to the previous year.
- Gunnison: The Gunnison real estate market has been very steady year over year.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Prices are up while the number of sales have fallen.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, January 2017
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, January 2017:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.