Home sales in the Crested Butte and Gunnison area were on par with previous years in November of 2016. November is often a slower month for real estate in this area, and 2016 was no exception, with sales roughly half that of the previous month. Overall, the median sales price of all types of properties in the area is up almost 7% year over year. If you aren’t already receiving my monthly newsletters which include my market reports and community updates, please click the button below:
The following year over year graphs compare the previous 365 days with the same period one year ago (i.e. 11/30/2014 through 11/30/2015 versus the same period from 2015 to 2016). With such a small market (sample size) these numbers can jump around, so it’s worth comparing these graphs over a period of time. My Gunnison and Crested Butte real estate market report archives can be found on this page. If you are looking for other statistics, such as inventory, or a more specific neighborhood analysis, please contact me.
- Crested Butte South: With shrinking inventories (there are currently only 13 properties for sale), the CB South market has slowed down considerably. On the upside for sellers, sales prices are signifcantly up.
- Mount Crested Butte (All Residential): 53% more properties sold over the past year in Mount Crested Butte.
- Mount Crested Butte (Condos/Townhomes): The success of the new Timbers condo development shows how strong the interest for entry-level properties in this area is right now. It’s also the reason median sales prices haven’t made the same strong gains as elsewhere.
- Crested Butte: Sales in Crested Butte remain similar year over year, though the prices are increasing here as they are elsewhere.
- Crested Butte Area: This category includes neighborhoods such as Skyland, Larkspur, Riverbend, and Trapper’s Crossing. Like Crested Butte, this area has similar sales figures compared to the previous year.
- Gunnison: The Gunnison real estate market may be slowing slightly after the huge gains of the previous year. That said, the area looks to be very stable.
- Gunnison Area: This includes areas such as Dos Rios, Ohio Meadows, Cranor Hill, and Hartman Rocks.
- Total Residential Sales: This category covers our entire MLS area, including Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and points between.
- Land Sales (Upper valley from CB South through Mount Crested Butte): Prices are up while the number of sales have fallen.
- Land Sales (Total): This category also covers our entire MLS area, including Almont, Lake City, Pitkin, Crested Butte, Gunnison, and other parts of the Gunnison Country.
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Home Sales, November 2016
Crested Butte/ Gunnison Land Sales, November 2016:
Source: Gunnison Country Association of Realtors’ MLS/ CREN. Reported sales not necessarily sold or listed by Frank Konsella and are intended only to show area trends.